Credits to Marcus Chan
This is an amazing list/share that I wanted to save for posterity sake.
“If you want to get promoted, here are 15 things you must do to increase your odds:
1. Do your job extraordinarily well in every aspect. This means EVERYTHING including the things you don’t want to do.
2. Do MORE than your job-take on projects and assignments that provide VALUE to your boss and team.
3. Self educate for skills that you need for your next role and 3-5 years from now.
4. Treat EVERYONE like they’ll be your boss one day.
5. Help OTHERS become successful aka DUPLICATE yourself.
6. Be patient-timing is half the battle.
7. Invite yourself to meetings to learn and for exposure.
8. Fail forward. If you’re not making mistakes, you’re not trying hard enough.
9. Seek feedback laterally, above, and below you-then execute on that feedback.
10. Be loyal.
11. Influence up and make your boss look good.
12. Be a positive teammate!
13. Be you, authentic, and real.
14. Build your brand with ALL levels of the organization.
15. Do NOT brown nose.”